Saturday

Reaching Outside the Box

David Watson, a failed missionary started praying when he arrived in the most difficult place for Christian ministry in India. Within 15 years, God had answered his prayers with 80,000 churches planted. The churches average about 60 members.

Would God answer our prayers in such a way in Possum Kingdom? He would if we would be willing to reach outside the box. Christians need to take Gospel words and Gospel deeds to their community, and not simply expect members of the community to visit our churches.

I want to be the kind of Christian who reaches outside the box. I want to know who has needs, who's hurting, who needs help. I want to pray for you, but also, in the name of my Lord, I also want to help, if I can.

I know there are fellow believers around me who feel the same way. Maybe we should think of ourselves as Outside-the-Box disciples. 

No comments:

Post a Comment